Garvey 2.0 (Hemp) Pre-order
New and Improved DashikTees
We're finally back by popular demand and ready for another production run of this modern classic. You all have been hitting us up left and right asking when we'll be making more. It's taken a couple years, but we heard you. This time we've updated the design slightly to make the tee longer with slightly less fitted sleeves. We're also using eco-friendly fabric this time made from hemp fiber. Hemp is an amazing plant and much better for the environment than cotton, or even bamboo (google it if you don't believe us).
Benefits of Hemp Fabric:
Clothing made of hemp fiber is lightweight and absorbent, with three times the tensile strength of cotton. People have long valued this strong and long lasting plant: the first hemp plants were spun into fiber than 10,000 years ago.
UV and mold-resistant, hemp is excellent for outdoor wear.
Easy on the Environment
Hemp farming uses very little water (half as much as cotton), does not require the use of chemical pesticides or fertilizers, and is a readily renewable resource. Furthermore, nothing is wasted in the hemp production process: seeds are used to make oil and food supplements, while the stalks are used for fiber. Hemp also produces more fiber per acre than trees, and can be renewed two to three times per year. Not only that: industrial hemp plants absorb more carbon dioxide than trees.
...AND THERE'S MORE!
We're also launching...drumroll please...a LONG SLEEVE version of the Garvey DashikTee!!! Just in time for the fall/winter.
So we're starting with a limited run of 10 of each that are being individually hand sewn in Philadelphia for the people that can't wait for the full production run. Unfortunately, we don't have pictures of the long sleeve version, which is why we're doing this limited run to get some samples for photos, so the more adventurous among you can take advantage of this early bird opportunity.
We plan on having this limited run completed and shipped out by the end of September. Not quite in time for summer, but it'll probably still be warm/hot most places because of...you know...global warming.
PRE-ORDER NOW AND SAVE
*NOTE: no exchanges or refunds for pre-orders. Live on the wild side!
The last version of the Garvey sold for $50. With this new eco-friendly fabric and because we're getting them made in America, our costs are significantly higher, so this time around they'll be $79.99 for the short sleeve version and $99.99 for the long sleeve. But if you buy now you'll also get a 20% off discount code for any inventory we have left over of the original Garvey and Shabazz shirts.
PLUS, since this is the perfect travel shirt, we've put together a traveler's bundle. Since we have limited supply of DashikTees, people who also order the bundle will get first priority. (All items will ship separately)
- Anti-theft backpack ($95 value): Every day 400,000 pick pocket incidents occur worldwide. Never worry about this happening to you with this Anti-Theft backpack. Key features are cut-proof material, hidden zipper closures and secret pockets will keep your belongings safe during your commutes, integrated usb charging port to connect a powerbank to (powerbank not included), and water repellant fabric.
- Wakanda RFID Blocking Passport Wallet ($20 value): Since DashikTees was inspired by traditional african fashion, we may as well become citizens of Wakanda too with this dope passport cover that blocks RFID signals and has card-holding slots as well.
- Packing Cube, Laundry, and Toiletry Bag Set ($30 value): If you already have packing cubes, good job, and you can always use more. If you don't have packing cubes yet, welcome to the first step in becoming a pro traveler. Packing cubes are packing essentials. They help you pack more and pack/unpack quicker. With this set, you get 3 packing cubes in various sizes, 3 laundry pouches that can also be used for packing smaller items like underwear, socks, cables/cords, chargers, etc, and a toiletry organizer bag.
- Global Power Adapter ($45 value): You always need at least one of these, and if you already have one, you need another because of course you'll lose one at some point on your global adventures ;) Works with US, UK, Europe, and Australian plugs AND has two USB ports.
Total Value: $190
Your Price: $145 (while supplies last)
That's a 24% discount!
This is a VERY limited offer, so orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis with priority given to bundle purchasers. If you place an order but don't make the list for this limited run, you have the option of locking in the pre-order price now and being put on a wait list for the full production run, which is scheduled to be released in November 2018. If you do not want to be added to the wait list, then choose the "No" option under Wait List and a full refund will be issued if your order can't be filled during this production run.
Also, if you're into cryptocurrency and know how to buy and send coins, you can pay in bitcoin or bitcoin cash. You can also pay in BLKS and receive an extra 5% off (info on how to get BLKS here).
This modern take on the dashiki is just what you need to set yourself apart from the crowd without sticking out. Sometimes you don't want all those loud colors, and you want the comfort of a t-shirt, but the style of a dashiki. This should be a stable of any cultured person's wardrobe. This is subtle sophistication and culture.
PLUS this is the perfect shirt for frequent travelers. Not only because it's comfortable and makes you look good while you're running through the airport, but also because the front pocket is perfectly sized to fit your passport!!! Pretty cool right? We didn't even do it on purpose, it just worked out that way.
- Made from hemp stretch jersey, machine wash cold, machine dry low, low iron
- mini front center pocket
- Fits like an American Apparel t-shirt, but longer with less fitted sleeves
Contact us about bulk orders.